Ignatious_Bonferior

All Purpose Thread.

11,533 posts in this topic

Wait I think we were discussing

Smyth+Stastny+ A 3rd rounder for Heatley

Ok now discuss!

( sorry alex, I didn't mean to send it to oblivion, but that's where it went :unsure: )

Wait I think we were discussing

Smyth+Stastny+ A 3rd rounder for Heatley

Ok now discuss!

( sorry alex, I didn't mean to send it to oblivion, but that's where it went :unsure: )

It was Smyth+Stastny+ 3rd over-all for Heatley.

Even though Danny is an awesome guy, I would seriously boycott the Avs for stupidity.

I think we should trade like a 5th rounder for Derek Boogaard, we need a big feisty guy and he's cheap and on the trading block.

I think we should trade like a 5th rounder for Derek Boogaard, we need a big feisty guy and he's cheap and on the trading block.

OR

we can do the opposite of that and try to create a team similar to that of Pittsburgh or Detroit.

Im kinda sure they got it right more than us, although i could be off...

Another non-skilled goon like Boogard is exactly what the Avs DON'T NEED to be successful.

What somebody that can't do anything other than wind folk on the other team up? I'll pass....

Found a great video of some prospects the Avs might be interested in.

The funny thing is that I've actually seen guys in their 60s that were skating VERY fast. Much faster than these guys.

When I saw them I wondered why they weren't wearing their Maple Leaf jerseys.

The rink I skate at has two guys that are in their early 60s that used to play in the NHL. They can still out skate just about everyone. They skate so smooth it doesn't look like they are as fast as they are.

Maybe Lake Erie coach.

So Avs coach in 2 years? :ph34r:

No, assistant to Roy in 2 years. And bring in Sakic as personal trainer to teach the guys his work ethic.

There's a reason that clown is on the trading block......

I mentioned it in the thread about Sakic, but I guess this mostly belongs here:

Dater was on NHL Live today and said that Joe was doing yoga and pilates and stuff, which he said is basically a sign that he's coming back. He also said he was going to start doing some heavy skating this upcoming week or next week to confirm his decision. He also mentioned that he's heard from several people that Yzerman has promised him a spot on the Olympic team, should Joe come back.

He also mentioned that Roy was looking for a $12 mil coaching deal over 4 years, and the Avs were only willing to go up to $7 mil, which is why Roy didn't take the job.

He also expects Biron or Conklin to be the Avs' starter next year. He heard that Biron has added the Avs to his list of 4 or 5 teams that he's looking to go to next year.

Dater was on NHL Live today and said that Joe was doing yoga and pilates and stuff, which he said is basically a sign that he's coming back. He also said he was going to start doing some heavy skating this upcoming week or next week to confirm his decision. He also mentioned that he's heard from several people that Yzerman has promised him a spot on the Olympic team, should Joe come back.

He also mentioned that Roy was looking for a $12 mil coaching deal over 4 years, and the Avs were only willing to go up to $7 mil, which is why Roy didn't take the job.

He also expects Biron or Conklin to be the Avs' starter next year. He heard that Biron has added the Avs to his list of 4 or 5 teams that he's looking to go to next year.

That's some epic bad news.

First, Sakic will just come back and be hurt half the year. I'd rather he just retire and save face rather than going out with a bunch of injuries. I highly doubt he'll be healthy enough for the Olympics if he starts the year in the NHL.

Second, to me that says Roy was looking for an excuse to not join the team. Maybe it was personal reasons like he stated. But regardless, it seems like he just named a ridiculously high number that he knew the Avs wouldn't match (if that rumor is true at all).

Biron or Conklin? I'd rather take my chances with Budaj again. At least he won't cost us a couple million. Neither of those guys is our goalie solution. Harding, Gustavsson, or our prospects. There are no other realistic options.

Second, to me that says Roy was looking for an excuse to not join the team. Maybe it was personal reasons like he stated. But regardless, it seems like he just named a ridiculously high number that he knew the Avs wouldn't match (if that rumor is true at all).

Well, he mentioned something about it possibly being because he needs to stay in Canada for some court case. I wasn't paying attention, but I assume it has something to do with the whole "encouraging" his son to attack the other goalie. And I'd rather have Biron or Conklin over Budaj, regardless of price (although Gustavsson is definitely my first choice). I'd just like some of our younger players to get a chance to play with a goalie who will stop the puck more often than not, so they can focus on developing parts of their game that doesn't involve blocking the shot because your goalie won't.

od I hope not. They are not the solution. In that case I prefer to have a Budaj/Weiman tandem next year and spend the money somewhere else. Anderson would cost a lot less and do as well as Biron or Conklin.

Has eklund ever prdicted anythin correctly or have any of his rumors had any truth?

I can't remember the sources, but I seem to remember someone did a study of all his predictions, and he's right less than 1% of the time. I don't know why they still let him do his job. It's quite obviously just throwing * and seeing what sticks.

Has eklund ever prdicted anythin correctly or have any of his rumors had any truth?

I can't remember the sources, but I seem to remember someone did a study of all his predictions, and he's right less than 1% of the time. I don't know why they still let him do his job. It's quite obviously just throwing * and seeing what sticks.

Kind of like a weather forcaster they tell us onething but the other thing happens and every day we go back to them.