Ignatious_Bonferior

All Purpose Thread.

13,997 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, grizzlygoalie said:

There is no Firm stance - I hope he stays,  I just don't see much keeping him here.

Whats firm is his value is at a all time high right now - meaning we should be listening.  we can't go with Sonne's view of everything is peachy and he's un touchable.  thats how we end up with a situation like Varly.  We should have traded him after his career year. 

I'd look at a trade like Lando, Varly  3rd rounder for Stephan, OEL, Raanta 2nd +

 

we lose a top center, but gain a #1 Dman, a solid Top liner,  and an upgrade in net.    its a net positive. 

Not gonna happen.

Varly has been terrible. No team is going to trade for him especially since his contract is about up. You aren't going to bet both a good goalie and a "#1" D-man in a trade without giving up a heck of a lot more than just Landy or even Mack/Rants. #1 D players are harder to come by than star forwards. You don't let #1 defenseman go unless is literally your only option. 

If I have a #1 D, I'm not letting him go for anything less that a first round pick, one of our top 3 forwards, and a decent defensive replacement (Graves or Meloche, etc). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, grizzlygoalie said:

There is no Firm stance - I hope he stays,  I just don't see much keeping him here.

Whats firm is his value is at a all time high right now - meaning we should be listening.  we can't go with Sonne's view of everything is peachy and he's un touchable.  thats how we end up with a situation like Varly.  We should have traded him after his career year. 

I'd look at a trade like Lando, Varly  3rd rounder for Stephan, OEL, Raanta 2nd +

 

we lose a top center, but gain a #1 Dman, a solid Top liner,  and an upgrade in net.    its a net positive. 

Uhm, what?

I'm one of the most negative posters here regarding the future. But MacK is not the problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1bauhaus1 said:

Not gonna happen.

Varly has been terrible. No team is going to trade for him especially since his contract is about up. You aren't going to bet both a good goalie and a "#1" D-man in a trade without giving up a heck of a lot more than just Landy or even Mack/Rants. #1 D players are harder to come by than star forwards. You don't let #1 defenseman go unless is literally your only option. 

If I have a #1 D, I'm not letting him go for anything less that a first round pick, one of our top 3 forwards, and a decent defensive replacement (Graves or Meloche, etc). 

"Just" sign EK in the offseason ;-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bednar should probably be gone after this season i would think, and if that happens Sakic is 0-2 on coaching hires. 

 

I would say his mext coaching hire will determine how long he stays in Colorado.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think the assistants at very least should be gone. They're responsible for 2 of the 3 worst parts of this team right now, that being special teams and goaltending. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 1bauhaus1 said:

Not gonna happen.

Varly has been terrible. No team is going to trade for him especially since his contract is about up. You aren't going to bet both a good goalie and a "#1" D-man in a trade without giving up a heck of a lot more than just Landy or even Mack/Rants. #1 D players are harder to come by than star forwards. You don't let #1 defenseman go unless is literally your only option. 

If I have a #1 D, I'm not letting him go for anything less that a first round pick, one of our top 3 forwards, and a decent defensive replacement (Graves or Meloche, etc). 

I think Varly would be a salary dump they'd be happy to take.  But your right in Landy and MacK aren't worth what OEL is.     

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, grizzlygoalie said:

There is no Firm stance - I hope he stays,  I just don't see much keeping him here.

Whats firm is his value is at a all time high right now - meaning we should be listening.  we can't go with Sonne's view of everything is peachy and he's un touchable.  thats how we end up with a situation like Varly.  We should have traded him after his career year. 

I'd look at a trade like Lando, Varly  3rd rounder for Stephan, OEL, Raanta 2nd +

 

we lose a top center, but gain a #1 Dman, a solid Top liner,  and an upgrade in net.    its a net positive. 

Weren't you just telling people to take off the fan colored glasses?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hockeyavs23 said:

Weren't you just telling people to take off the fan colored glasses?

Whats the fan colored glasses part?  So I know what to respond to. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grizzlygoalie said:

Whats the fan colored glasses part?  So I know what to respond to. 

Perhaps the bolded part?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DJ_Sonne said:

Perhaps the bolded part?

Yep.  Does he think that I'm over valuing our side?  Over valuing theirs?  Is there one player on either side that is over valued? ect 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DJ_Sonne said:

 

Listening to that does make me feel a lot better about our situation. Ottawa is in trouble, in part because Sakic fleeced them in the Duchene trade.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, grizzlygoalie said:

Yep.  Does he think that I'm over valuing our side?  Over valuing theirs?  Is there one player on either side that is over valued? ect 

Why on earth would Arizona downgrade so heavily in all areas to acquire Landeskog and an unsigned, streaky Varly? They're giving up their #1 goalie (with term where Varly has none), their #1 defenseman/captain and a top 6 forward. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hockeyavs23 said:

Why on earth would Arizona downgrade so heavily in all areas to acquire Landeskog and an unsigned, streaky Varly? They're giving up their #1 goalie (with term where Varly has none), their #1 defenseman/captain and a top 6 forward. 

Its an upgrade in Center.

Goalie -  Kumper has played reasonably well with Raanta out - and he's healthy,  Raanta has struggled of late(its a reach for us) and they are high on 2 in their system in Hill and Kallgren(If we could get him for Varly today I'd do it in a heart beat) 

 

OEL  - the upgrade at Center and a 3rd(although I have to admit its hopeful more likely a high 2nd would do it) and some supporting pieces.    Or It might be able to work out that the pick is a 3rd with Barrie- which I'd still do in a heart beat.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, grizzlygoalie said:

Its an upgrade in Center.

Goalie -  Kumper has played reasonably well with Raanta out - and he's healthy,  Raanta has struggled of late(its a reach for us) and they are high on 2 in their system in Hill and Kallgren(If we could get him for Varly today I'd do it in a heart beat) 

 

OEL  - the upgrade at Center and a 3rd(although I have to admit its hopeful more likely a high 2nd would do it) and some supporting pieces.    Or It might be able to work out that the pick is a 3rd with Barrie- which I'd still do in a heart beat.   

Is Stepan so bad that by getting rid of him and acquiring a LW it upgrades their centers?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just quickly, how on earth would Arizona be upgrading at center by trading away a center and not receiving one in return?

 

In that trade, they'd give up a solid 2C, elite defenseman, bona fide starting goalie, and a 2nd round pick for a LW1, a mediocre starting goalie who's a UFA, and a third. 

Just no.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hockeyavs23 said:

Is Stepan so bad that by getting rid of him and acquiring a LW it upgrades their centers?

I see Lando in the middle more so then MacK for a trade.   but I'm good with it swap out MacK for Lando. 


either way,  It was jsut looking at the first team that is bad for options.   We can make up any for any team - the point being that trading one of the big 3 could make this team better.   (it also could make us worse if done wrongly)   so saying that we can't trade them is foolish.   - just as is saying trade them just to trade them.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, grizzlygoalie said:

I see Lando in the middle more so then MacK for a trade.   but I'm good with it swap out MacK for Lando. 


either way,  It was jsut looking at the first team that is bad for options.   We can make up any for any team - the point being that trading one of the big 3 could make this team better.   (it also could make us worse if done wrongly)   so saying that we can't trade them is foolish.   - just as is saying trade them just to trade them.   

Do you now?

Doesn't change the fact he's a LW

As for the rest: You were just making stuff up? So trolling?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DJ_Sonne said:

Do you now?

Doesn't change the fact he's a LW

As for the rest: You were just making stuff up? So trolling?

Sure Trolling...

So everything in the "proposed trade" thread is trolling as well...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grizzlygoalie said:

Sure Trolling...

So everything in the "proposed trade" thread is trolling as well...

Making actual trade offers vs. making stuff up (just to make stuff up, as you said) = not the same.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ojb said:

Listening to that does make me feel a lot better about our situation. Ottawa is in trouble, in part because Sakic fleeced them in the Duchene trade.

Absolutely agreed. I feel much better about the direction of this franchise because of that video.

Sonne - as a side-note, we are 5-16-6 in our last 27. In your signature, we were 5-26-2. I hope you're right about "never again!"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJ_Sonne said:

Making actual trade offers vs. making stuff up (just to make stuff up, as you said) = not the same.

None of them are actual trade offers - they're hopes and dreams.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites