debeck3

The Goalie Thread

3,163 posts in this topic

so iv been looking threw the avs forums for awhile now mostly looking into everyone discussing the "anderson vs budaj" stuff, and everyone seems to prefer anderson but ever since budaj came in for theo in the playoffs against detriot iv really seemed to like budaj. like the stats yah there not very good but come on now budaj was doing good for us and ever since anderson is "healthy" we go right back to him, and none the less we go right back to loosing, yah we are pushing OT/ Shootouts but , were usually fighting back in games due to alot of "sloppy" goals. im watching the Avs Vs Atl right now and Little's Tying goal was "sloppy" if you ask me , i believe budaj would of had that shot without a problem. so thats my thoughts for this season.

BUDAJ FOR STARTER ! GO AVS GO !

Mod edit: herp derp. Discuss!

Budaj is an excellent back-up. But he still isn't starter material. Let's just praise him based on what he is.

Budaj is an excellent back-up. But he still isn't starter material. Let's just praise him based on what he is.

sounds like fun praising him, and watching anderson suck.. VERY entertaining

Here's a fun grammatical inspection of the OP:

so iv been looking threw the avs forums for awhile now mostly looking into everyone discussing the "anderson vs budaj" stuff, and everyone seems to prefer anderson but ever since budaj came in for theo in the playoffs against detriot iv really seemed to like budaj. like the stats yah there not very good but come on now budaj was doing good for us and ever since anderson is "healthy" we go right back to him, and none the less we go right back to loosing, yah we are pushing OT/ Shootouts but , were usually fighting back in games due to alot of "sloppy" goals. im watching the Avs Vs Atl right now and Little's Tying goal was "sloppy" if you ask me , i believe budaj would of had that shot without a problem. so thats my thoughts for this season.

27 errors. Try again, please.

No space between a and while.

Ed - this might be an American thing since Journey have a song called "Stay Awhile," I'll let that one slide.

No space between a and while.

Ed - this might be an American thing since Journey have a song called "Stay Awhile," I'll let that one slide.

I'm Canadian , Thanks

Also, fun fact: 23 shots for the Thrashers, 2 goals. Not bad for someone coming off an injury.

Also, fun fact: 23 shots for the Thrashers, 2 goals. Not bad for someone coming off an injury.

Also fun fact: I said "besides stats" but yes thanks for the update as I am watching the game and yes Anderson just hopefully saved us the game. Cheers

Twice!

Anderson's just rusty coming off of injury, he'll find his game again. He was best last year when he had an extended run of games and he said the Olympic break ruined his focus, so hopefully we'll get the Anderson of old from now on.

Twice!

Anderon's just rusty coming off of injury, he'll find his game again. He was best last year when he had an extended run of games and he said the Olympic break ruined his focus, so hopefully we'll get the Anderson of old from now on.

Props to Anderson tonight he stepped up towards the end of the game, but i still say Budaj should be played alot more then he is being played. p.s : its Anderson , not Anderon :)

On a side note, the Thrashers' announcers and Byfuglien should get a room.

I mean honestly.

he is good at aggravating, and he is a solid offensive presence, but he is clearly a defensive liability and they talk about him like he is the epitome of defense.

I mean honestly.

he is good at aggravating, and he is a solid offensive presence, but he is clearly a defensive liability and they talk about him like he is the epitome of defense.

If aggravating is punching Quincey in the back of the head twice while he is down, then yes, he's a good at aggravating.

I mean honestly.

If aggravating is punching Quincey in the back of the head twice while he is down, then yes, he's a good at aggravating.

Moser seemed aggravated.

I mean honestly.

Moser seemed aggravated.

Quincey was less than impressed as well.

Fun fact: Budaj has allowed 3 or more goals in 9 straight games he has played in. Anderson hasn't.

Besides stats? That's like saying you are good in school, except for failing every class. Or you are great with people, except they all hate you. Stats aren't some arbitrary number picked out of air by Dater....they are numerical evidence as to whether or not a goalie is doing well. I like Budaj, but Anderson is simply a far better goalie. Budaj's concentration has serious holes in it. When he is on...he is very good, but he isn't consistently on. Anderson is.

Anderson has the humber one spot for a reason just because he has suffered from injuries at the beginning of this season is no reason to let a career backup take his place. If you look at the past games budaj has let in by far more goals then anderson and a lot of them sloppy. As stated previously when Budaj is hot then he's good as soon as he takes a bad beat he drops off like a waterfall. Remember seasons past people.

Fun fact: Budaj has allowed 3 or more goals in 9 straight games he has played in. Anderson hasn't.

Fun Fact: Avs are 13-2-2 when scoring 3 or more goals.. So whats your point ?

Fun Fact: Avs are 13-2-2 when scoring 3 or more goals.. So whats your point ?

I think his point is fairly obvious. Budaj lets in more goals than Anderson....and it takes a team effort to bail him out.