16 replies to this topic

#1 Jeikobu_Roy

Jeikobu_Roy

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do I go about seeing the Avs games online? Where do I go? How much does it cost? Are there any operating system requirements? I'm going to be living on college campus and they don't have Altitude, and I want to still be able to see the Avs play.

#2 JaymondFlurrie

JaymondFlurrie

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do I go about seeing the Avs games online? Where do I go? How much does it cost? Are there any operating system requirements? I'm going to be living on college campus and they don't have Altitude, and I want to still be able to see the Avs play.

Try this: http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2010020642

#3 Javris

Javris

Legend

• Avs Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,580 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Ed - buggar, JF has the right link for watching them online.

If however you're like all students and poor, I suggest google.
VarlyDroidcopy-5.jpg 

Great things get accomplished by human energies when we're not preoccupied with our precarity (art, sport, cities, the internet, cheese), and nasty things are accomplished when we are (police states, goth rock, the atom bomb, et.all).

#4 JaymondFlurrie

JaymondFlurrie

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Since the question wasn't about seeing them all, pay attention to Yahoo.com They show Avs games every now and then, I'd guess maybe 15 per season.

#5 LGAVS

LGAVS

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Avs are on tonight (1/12)......

Yahoo
Posted Image

It's AVS, NOT AVES

#6 threefolddead

threefolddead

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGentry, MO

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

<illegal content>
Click the nhl today sub forum. Every day they provide multiple links to any games you want to watch. It's pretty awesome.
I hope you like my rack.

#7 f1greg

f1greg

Minors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

yahoo says its being archived for a later date? wtf. I guess I'll try other places.

#8 DJ_Sonne

DJ_Sonne

Hall Of Famer

• Avs Fans
  • 19,423 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Click the nhl today sub forum. Every day they provide multiple links to any games you want to watch. It's pretty awesome.

Posting those links is illigal - please delete your post.... thx

f37ujs.jpg
5-26-2 - Never again!
Hejduk: I think it is all about money. I do not know if the low-salary team could win the Cup.

Josh Kroenke: "Will we be adding payroll? I THINK that comes as players get older,"

Avatar: Instructions: 1. Hold cap in outstreched hand. 2. Beg for money

#9 JaymondFlurrie

JaymondFlurrie

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

yahoo says its being archived for a later date? wtf. I guess I'll try other places.

At least for me it works. If you are outside of USA, use UltraSurf 9.99 (use Google to find it) to hide your info in "accidentally" in the process unblocking you from Yahoo.

#10 AsmodeanReborn

AsmodeanReborn

Superstar

• Administrators
  • 12,849 posts
  • LocationLongmont, CO

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

<illegal link>

Suspended.
Please read the rules. Spreading illegal links and streams is very much against the rules of these boards. Please don't do this again.
Posted Image

#11 kizzel

kizzel

Minors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

The Irony in this sonne :P :D
Posted Image

#12 JaymondFlurrie

JaymondFlurrie

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

You mean those PMs from yesterday? There's pretty darn big difference if you send a letter to someone compared to if you put an advertisement into a newspaper.

#13 kizzel

kizzel

Minors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

You mean those PMs from yesterday? There's pretty darn big difference if you send a letter to someone compared to if you put an advertisement into a newspaper.

Well one im joking hense the faces, and 2 Im more talking about the bdl boards
Posted Image

#14 JaymondFlurrie

JaymondFlurrie

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

Well one im joking hense the faces, and 2 Im more talking about the bdl boards

Oh, then. Anyway, it's not so much about what's the reason, but if it is clearly forbidden (and yes, more than once), then it's just your own fault if you can't read.

But I can agree with this, it's actually kind of like preaching about dangers of drugs and dealing those at the same time.

#15 Amahl2442

Amahl2442

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North, eh.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Try this: http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2010020642

I would suggest NOT subscribing to Game Center Live for the following reasons:

1. Blackout rules apply - meaning if you are a local Colorado Avs fan, you will not be able to watch live home games. Not only that, you must wait a FULL 48 HOURS before home games are available. Away games are available live, but if you miss the live feed, you have to wait another day for them to archive the game. Not exactly the old DVR 'set it, forget and watch it anytime you want' convenience.

I have kids and cannot stay up to watch most live games. So this service is essentially worthless. Who the hell wants to watch 2-day old games?

2. They only give you five days to try out the service, including the day you subscribe. If you are an Avs fan and they happen to not play for four days, as was the case with me, you will learn too late how horrible Game Center Live is, but...

3. If you have any issues with the service, but it's past the trial period, their customer service department will politely tell you to get lost.

4. Once this ludicrously brief trial period is over, you are committed to a FULL SEASON of monthly payments (or the full amount, depending on what you chose). So even if you subscribe right before the playoffs, they will keep charging you through the next year for that entire season you didn't watch. Nice.

5. Quality isn't nearly as good as satellite/cable. On the Roku, it's slightly worse than standard definition.

6. You can watch their games on your PS3, but you have to pay an additional $10 for the app, in addition to the $21/month you are already locked into. On the iPad, the app is free, but the game quality is horrendous.

Don't fall into their trap. This so-called service is a rip-off, and one that I'll be paying for for a long, long time.

There are MUCH better options out there! PM me if you are interested.

#16 Swede_1

Swede_1

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

espn.com is very good. working worldwide, HD content. only bad thing is, you cant buy only 1 game but have to pay for a subscription.

#17 Eurolanche

Eurolanche

Juniors

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

espn.com is very good. working worldwide, HD content. only bad thing is, you cant buy only 1 game but have to pay for a subscription.

Espn 3 alias www.espnplayer.com is not a worldwide service. I am sure it does not work in USA, Canada, Russia, Italy and many other countries. This service is set for Europe primarily. It is great HD quality, 80 euros per season, all NHL games, excl. playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Avs Alert
coloradoavalanche.com is the official Web site of the Colorado Avalanche. The Colorado Avalanche and coloradoavalanche.com are trademarks of the Colorado Avalanche Hockey Team, Inc.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Colorado Avalanche Hockey Team, Inc. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.