• 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

Dear Mr.Clough,

Last year you talked about the Avs around mid season. you said that
they had no hope of making it to the playoffs because they wre a young
team. Your analisys of the Avs from last season seems to have come true
this season. At the 41 game mark this season I added up the GP, Pts., to
see their standings. They could only afford to lose 10 games if they wanted
to be in the playoffs this year. (isn't that what you did last year?)

Now, the Avs are playing for picks in the draft. They currently stand
at the 10 pick in the next draft. Noone on your station likes to talk about
the Avs much. It's all football and basketball.

The Avs need a goalie. Marc Cheverie of DU is new and young. He was
outstanding at DU and would probably fit right in with the young Avs.

With the Avs trying to find a few more vets to help their young team,
how about Alex Tanguay. (Wasn't he an avlanche when they won a cup?)

Thanks
Mr. ******** ******
The Hero of the story.

#2 Javris

Javris

Legend

• Avs Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,605 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

Who is Sandy Clough?
Posted Image

Great things get accomplished by human energies when we're not preoccupied with our precarity (art, sport, cities, the internet, cheese), and nasty things are accomplished when we are (police states, goth rock, the atom bomb, et.all).

#3 alexander27

alexander27

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts
  • LocationFort Collins

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

What just happened here?
Posted Image
Thanks AVnCA

#4 NayefJ

NayefJ

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia/Colorado

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

Que?

#5 Anemic_Royaltea

Anemic_Royaltea

All Star

• Members
  • 8,769 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Using the evidence provided, I believe Sandy Clough has something to do with Altitude sports... which means I don't understand why he's being addressed.

Fix the Avs?

1. Sign Forsberg
2. ???
3. Profit.

#6 Javris

Javris

Legend

• Avs Fans
  • 25,605 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

Fix the Avs?

1. Sign Forsberg
2. ???
3. Profit.

Win.
Posted Image

Great things get accomplished by human energies when we're not preoccupied with our precarity (art, sport, cities, the internet, cheese), and nasty things are accomplished when we are (police states, goth rock, the atom bomb, et.all).

#7 klozge

klozge

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,463 posts
  • LocationSiegen, Germany

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I guess, this Mr Clough is someone from a Denver sports radio station but I think the OP wants to hear our thoughts as well.

First, I doubt a goalie from an university team - as good as he might be - would survive in the NHL. The game in the big league is so much faster and more confusing, the players are so much better and more experienced, the shots are so much harder... long story short: It's too difficult and too exhausting for such a goalie to play in the NHL without some kind of development. Also, he signed an entry level contract with the Panthers who wouldn't be interested to give him up for free imo. Avs could claim Emery on waivers if they felt they desperately need a quick fix of the goaltending situation. To trade for Cheverie as a long term project doesn't make sense as well because for the first time in years Avs have two (I think only one but who am I to argue with the experts) promising goaltending prospects in their system.

Second, Tanguay is playing well for the Flames who have more chances to make the playoffs than the Avs have and there's not a chance to get him to Denver without some serious overpayment. Also, rumors have it that he wanted out of Colorado and loves living in Calgary. So even if he was the kind of player the Avs wanted and needed (and I don't think so at all) it would be a costly move in terms of price and team chemistry.

Third, 10 losses might even be too many. If we want to be sure to make the playoffs we mustn't lose more than 8 games imo. This is only speculation, of course, but the situation is very critical for the Avs right now.

I'm afraid there's no way to fix the Avs this season. We can only hope Forsberg can do it (the talent is there already even though our defense is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad) but I think playoffs have become a pipe dream thanks to the latest two losses. What the Avs should do imo is to make one or two moves before or at the deadline so it'll be possible to complete the rebuild in the off-season or before the deadline in 2012.
Posted Image

Meet the Colorado AvaLOLs!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/klozge
Thanks to Anemic_Royaltea for the sig!

#8 klozge

klozge

Superstar

• Members
  • 13,463 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

Using the evidence provided, I believe Sandy Clough has something to do with Altitude sports... which means I don't understand why he's being addressed.

Fix the Avs?

1. Sign Forsberg
2. ???
3. Profit.

You just won the internet. :D
Posted Image

#9 PhoenixAvsFan

PhoenixAvsFan

Superstar

• Avs Fans
  • 12,542 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

Fix the Avs?

1. Sign Forsberg
2. ???
3. Profit.

I believe #2 is send Galiardi down to LE but make Hunwick our #1 d-man.
Posted Image
Sig courtesy of Warx

Anyone interested in joining the Board Draft League? PM me for info.

#10 NayefJ

NayefJ

All Star

• Members
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia/Colorado

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

Fix the Avs?

1. Sign Forsberg
2. ???
3. Profit.

Nice South Park reference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-eak9Jz3_k

#11 Nopplis

Nopplis

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

2. Pick up Emery off waivers? :P
Posted Image

#12 FOOT-R

FOOT-R

Minors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Dear Mr.Clough,

Last year you talked about the Avs around mid season. you said that
they had no hope of making it to the playoffs because they wre a young
team. Your analisys of the Avs from last season seems to have come true
this season. At the 41 game mark this season I added up the GP, Pts., to
see their standings. They could only afford to lose 10 games if they wanted
to be in the playoffs this year. (isn't that what you did last year?)

Now, the Avs are playing for picks in the draft. They currently stand
at the 10 pick in the next draft. Noone on your station likes to talk about
the Avs much. It's all football and basketball.

The Avs need a goalie. Marc Cheverie of DU is new and young. He was
outstanding at DU and would probably fit right in with the young Avs.

With the Avs trying to find a few more vets to help their young team,
how about Alex Tanguay. (Wasn't he an avlanche when they won a cup?)

Thanks
Mr. ******** ******

Dear Mr. ******** ******,

I appreciate your attempting to use my system to evaluate your favorite team. However, it appears you have neither the hockey knowledge nor the experience to do so. Please go back to perfecting your skills at whichever video game has convinced you that you know what you are doing.

Thanks for the letter...several minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

Respectfully,
Mr. Clough

:) Just jerking your chain, welcome to the boards.

footr.jpg

#13 TeaHero

TeaHero

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

I guess, this Mr Clough is someone from a Denver sports radio station but I think the OP wants to hear our thoughts as well.

First, I doubt a goalie from an university team - as good as he might be - would survive in the NHL. The game in the big league is so much faster and more confusing, the players are so much better and more experienced, the shots are so much harder... long story short: It's too difficult and too exhausting for such a goalie to play in the NHL without some kind of development. Also, he signed an entry level contract with the Panthers who wouldn't be interested to give him up for free imo. Avs could claim Emery on waivers if they felt they desperately need a quick fix of the goaltending situation. To trade for Cheverie as a long term project doesn't make sense as well because for the first time in years Avs have two (I think only one but who am I to argue with the experts) promising goaltending prospects in their system.

Second, Tanguay is playing well for the Flames who have more chances to make the playoffs than the Avs have and there's not a chance to get him to Denver without some serious overpayment. Also, rumors have it that he wanted out of Colorado and loves living in Calgary. So even if he was the kind of player the Avs wanted and needed (and I don't think so at all) it would be a costly move in terms of price and team chemistry.

Third, 10 losses might even be too many. If we want to be sure to make the playoffs we mustn't lose more than 8 games imo. This is only speculation, of course, but the situation is very critical for the Avs right now.

I'm afraid there's no way to fix the Avs this season. We can only hope Forsberg can do it (the talent is there already even though our defense is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad) but I think playoffs have become a pipe dream thanks to the latest two losses. What the Avs should do imo is to make one or two moves before or at the deadline so it'll be possible to complete the rebuild in the off-season or before the deadline in 2012.

1.Bring Marc here to learn with the team. if you are building a team, build a goalie too.
2.Get Tanguay back here, I think he might want to play with some of the '01 cup winners again. Calgary is at 59 pts right now. They aren't going to the playoffs either. 8th seed will probably need around 107-115pts (Edit: 8th seed will need 97-98pts.)to get in the playoffs. That is 97-115pts for the West.
3.Colorado can't make the playoffs either. No Goalie or player is any kind of fix for the avs now. they need to think about next year and their building process.
4.Forsberg can't fix the avs alone, I think he is aware of that. Lets just hope he isn't injured so he can play next year to help coach our young team.
The Hero of the story.

#14 Javris

Javris

Legend

• Avs Fans
  • 25,605 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

The 8th seed will need 107 points to make the playoffs? That's a bit... much.
Posted Image

#15 Nopplis

Nopplis

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

OK noone thought Emery was funny :whistling:

So I'll just get serious: Go after Chris Phillips in Ottawa!! Good D-man, bad season, will become UFA in the summer!
Posted Image

#16 DJ_Sonne

DJ_Sonne

Legend

• Avs Fans
  • 20,651 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

1.Bring Marc here to learn with the team. if you are building a team, build a goalie too.
2.Gat Tanguay back here, I think he might want to play with some of the '01 cup winners again. Calgary is at 59 pts right now. They aren't going to the playoffs either. 8th seed will probably need around 107-115pts to get in the playoffs.
3.Colorado can't make the playoffs either. No Goalie or player is any kind of fix for the avs now. they need to think about next year and their building process.
4.Forsberg can't fix the avs alone, I think he is aware of that. Lets just hope he isn't injured so he can't play next year to help coach our young team.

107-115 points to get into the playoffs????
THX I needed a laugh

f37ujs.jpg
5-26-2 - Never again!
Hejduk: I think it is all about money. I do not know if the low-salary team could win the Cup.

Josh Kroenke: "Will we be adding payroll? I THINK that comes as players get older,"

Avatar: Instructions: 1. Hold cap in outstreched hand. 2. Beg for money

#17 klozge

klozge

Superstar

• Members
  • 13,463 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

So I'll just get serious: Go after Chris Phillips in Ottawa!! Good D-man, bad season, will become UFA in the summer!

I think Emery isn't a bad idea actually. He's a goalie who tells his teammates when he's not pleased with their performance. I wished Andy or Boods would be able to do this.
Posted Image

#18 Javris

Javris

Legend

• Avs Fans
  • 25,605 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I think Emery isn't a bad idea actually. He's a goalie who tells his teammates when he's not pleased with their performance. I wished Andy or Boods would be able to do this.

He's also a person who filps out at a guy that tries to make him wear a hat.
Posted Image

#19 Frozendisc

Frozendisc

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationQuebec, and sometimes Idaho.....

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Emery is signed already....

#20 Frozendisc

Frozendisc

Pee Wee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationQuebec, and sometimes Idaho.....

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Forsberg isn't the solution, nor is looking back at all the great players of past teams. Fix the defense and you will have a good start at fixing most of what ails the Avs......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Avs Alert
coloradoavalanche.com is the official Web site of the Colorado Avalanche. The Colorado Avalanche and coloradoavalanche.com are trademarks of the Colorado Avalanche Hockey Team, Inc.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Colorado Avalanche Hockey Team, Inc. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.