hejdukrocks

Random Discussion Cafe

11,240 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

I am legitimately getting snowed on right now outside of Tucson, Arizona. 

Well, stay safe. I can't imagine many people in Tucson have good all-season tires or know how to drive in the snow, so I'd probably stay off the roads.

I'm getting kind of sick of our snow now. Instead of one good storm, we've just been getting a couple inches every few days, which is really annoying. This morning it was a weird freezing fog thing that rarely happens here. 

In my opinion, if it's going to be cold, I want snow on the ground. Last year was horrible. There was no snow, everything was brown and dead and it wasn't warm either. So as long as the temperatures stay around 35-45 degrees, I want snow. 

2 hours ago, Avaholic03 said:

Well, stay safe. I can't imagine many people in Tucson have good all-season tires or know how to drive in the snow, so I'd probably stay off the roads.

I'm getting kind of sick of our snow now. Instead of one good storm, we've just been getting a couple inches every few days, which is really annoying. This morning it was a weird freezing fog thing that rarely happens here. 

Oh it's barely cold enough for it to even fall to the ground and melts instantly. Been a constant 35 degrees or so all day. 

12 minutes ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Oh it's barely cold enough for it to even fall to the ground and melts instantly. Been a constant 35 degrees or so all day. 

The rare case where Denmark have the same weather as Phoenix

29 minutes ago, DJ_Sonne said:

The rare case where Denmark have the same weather as Phoenix

Last week Chicago was colder than Antarctica. 

38 minutes ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Last week Chicago was colder than Antarctica. 

Yes, we had the news here. Everytime something happens in the US, it's world news.

1 hour ago, DJ_Sonne said:

Yes, we had the news here. Everytime something happens in the US, it's world news.

We are the center of the universe.

I was up in NYC this weekend for the Avs Isles game. It's amazing how much people pay to live there with such small living spaces. Even here in Baltimore, you can find a good sized rowhouse in a good neighborhood for a 3rd of the price as the same thing in NY. The one thing that they do have right is the subway. Wasn't expensive to ride and was very reliable.

17 hours ago, hockeyavs23 said:

I was up in NYC this weekend for the Avs Isles game. It's amazing how much people pay to live there with such small living spaces. Even here in Baltimore, you can find a good sized rowhouse in a good neighborhood for a 3rd of the price as the same thing in NY. The one thing that they do have right is the subway. Wasn't expensive to ride and was very reliable.

Its a shame you had to go to Barclays to see the game- Can't stand that place.   Games are so much better at the Coliseum.  Hands down one of the top Places to see an NHL game - good old school barn with the fans right there, and loud. 

NYC does alot right. but yea their cost of living is crazy - I'm glad my parents moved when they did so I was forced to come out here.   Talking with my parents since I'm looking to move.  My current morgage is what they paid in property taxes alone out there.   - Its a no wonder their Mayor is scared to death of taxes going up on the rich again and them moving out. 

2 hours ago, grizzlygoalie said:

Its a shame you had to go to Barclays to see the game- Can't stand that place.   Games are so much better at the Coliseum.  Hands down one of the top Places to see an NHL game - good old school barn with the fans right there, and loud. 

NYC does alot right. but yea their cost of living is crazy - I'm glad my parents moved when they did so I was forced to come out here.   Talking with my parents since I'm looking to move.  My current morgage is what they paid in property taxes alone out there.   - Its a no wonder their Mayor is scared to death of taxes going up on the rich again and them moving out. 

Yeah I would've loved to have gone to Nassau. Barclays wasn't bad. The sound stystem is great and the view wasn't obstructed or bad unless you're on the end where that Honda is but the ticket sites all tell you where the bad views are. The fans weren't bad. I'm not sure if it was on TV but there was a whole section of fans who were all dressed as refs and were cheering everytime the refs made a call of any kind. Some of the Isles fans were telling me they didn't even mind the visiting teams fans because they were more annoyed by the ref fans haha.

5 minutes ago, hockeyavs23 said:

Yeah I would've loved to have gone to Nassau. Barclays wasn't bad. The sound stystem is great and the view wasn't obstructed or bad unless you're on the end where that Honda is but the ticket sites all tell you where the bad views are. The fans weren't bad. I'm not sure if it was on TV but there was a whole section of fans who were all dressed as refs and were cheering everytime the refs made a call of any kind. Some of the Isles fans were telling me they didn't even mind the visiting teams fans because they were more annoyed by the ref fans haha.

Yea,

They did make an appearance on the Avs feed.  

Isles fans are ususally pretty good - unless your in a Rangers Jersey,  then they can be brutal - but even then most are civil