Javris

Injury Thread

2,188 posts in this topic

Hmmm, doesn't say "official" in the title.

This thread looks shady to me.  :ninja:

Even though the mods can update the threads, it's preferable having an active poster responsible for it. Jarvis makes as much sense as any. 

Plus, whenever a new poster shows up, they don't need to dig through two years' worth of posts to find the first injury updates of this upcoming season (if they come in around mid-season).

FYI for everyone.  I emailed Mike Chambers about Steve Downie's health status for Training Camp.  He replied Downie is "fine and ready to go!". 

FYI for everyone.  I emailed Mike Chambers about Steve Downie's health status for Training Camp.  He replied Downie is "fine and ready to go!". 

Cool, thanks for doing that. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to get a reply? 

Cool, thanks for doing that. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to get a reply? 

Couple of hours, give or take. 

I'd love to know how ready Hishon will be for LEM. 

Did he suffer another setback? As far as I know he was healthy and playing at the end of last season. Or am I forgetting something? 

Did he suffer another setback? As far as I know he was healthy and playing at the end of last season. Or am I forgetting something? 

He played 9 games at the end of the season last year, 1 goal and 5 assists. For some reason didn't play in the last 3 games though, my guessing is because the games didn't mean anything so it was for precautionary reasons.

He played 9 games at the end of the season last year, 1 goal and 5 assists. For some reason didn't play in the last 3 games though, my guessing is because the games didn't mean anything so it was for precautionary reasons.

Hishon played 9 games for the LEM, then suffered another head injury from a hit from behind.  Per Dater in June, Hishon is doing great now (healthwise) and I've read nothing to believe he won't be at Avs' Rookie/Training Camp.  But, I'm checking to see what Chambers has to say about it :)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/06/06/joey-hishon-doing-well-again/13780/

Hishon played 9 games for the LEM, then suffered another head injury from a hit from behind.  Per Dater in June, Hishon is doing great now (healthwise) and I've read nothing to believe he won't be at Avs' Rookie/Training Camp.  But, I'm checking to see what Chambers has to say about it :)

Can someone ask Radar's dad too?

"He didn't come to my summer camp. Therefore, he lacks character and will never play in the NHL."

Okay, I'm confused???

Okay, I'm confused???

There was a very awkward Twitter conversation between Joey Hishon and Brian O'Reilly (Ryan's dad who is a trainer as well)

1. @jhish18 Hey your doing some great work but buddy but you have been through a lot. We have to do beam balance so you can test yourself.

1. @coachbri1 I disagree with you 100%. I am working hard with @bodybyobrien the best trainer in the world. Your camp is not what I need.

Brian O'Reilly ‏@coachbri1 11 Jul

1. @jhish18 you know you are not doing the work you need to. I care about you and love you and want you to succeed. You run from my push.

Joey Hishon ‏@jhish18 11 Jul

@coachbri1 I love you too Brian.

Brian O'Rielly is irrelevant to Joey Hishon's health or availability for Avs' Rookie or Training Camp. 

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all. He really seems to care about his kids (and fostering kids...damn, good on him).

But his twitter persona sure does grate on my delicate sensibilities.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all. He really seems to care about his kids (and fostering kids...damn, good on him).

The same could have been said of Graham James at one time. Just saying.  :ninja:

Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 1h

Joey Hishon (groin) will not participate in today's rookie camp practice.