Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kpm2k

Patrick Roy interviews

23 posts in this topic

Just listened to the pre-game and post-game interviews with Patrick Roy.  I'm quite impressed with his candor.  He even addressed the concerns that people are waiting to see him snap.  haha

I had been looking forward to him being intense, but he's so calm cool and collective in the interviews.

Sounds like the guys in the dressing room have really jumped on board.. I' looking forward to a productive season, and hopefully a winning one!

A rock has more personality and intensity than Sacco.

You be the judge:

Rock

felsbrocken.jpg

Sacco:

sacco-joe-201213.jpg

That said, I too like Roys interviews but at the end of the day that's just talk. Let's see how the guys respond. I think we can make the playoffs but after the first few games I'm a bit less optimistic than I was four days ago, though.

A rock has more personality and intensity than Sacco.

You be the judge:

Rock

felsbrocken.jpg

Sacco:

sacco-joe-201213.jpg

Why did you post the same picture twice? :P

That said, I too like Roys interviews but at the end of the day that's just talk. Let's see how the guys respond. I think we can make the playoffs but after the first few games I'm a bit less optimistic than I was four days ago, though.

the first few games!?

come on man

I think he's the one in the Yotes jersey checking her phone. 

I want to believe that expression on McGinn's face is "why can't he go stand behind someone else for a while....this is creepy". :P

I wonder how much Roy will change regarding the media. His honesty is well appreciated after all the PC Kroenke everythings great bullcrap for years.

I wonder how much Roy will change regarding the media. His honesty is well appreciated after all the PC Kroenke everythings great bullcrap for years.

Why mention Kroenke? PL ran things like the CIA long before SK bought the team. I'm 99% sure it was Lacroix who enforced such a tight-lipped approach to the media. Now that he's gone, it makes sense that we'd be more open. Not just Roy either, Sakic has had a few candid interviews as well (well, at least more candid than his "quoteless Joe" style when he was a player). 

Why mention Kroenke? PL ran things like the CIA long before SK bought the team. I'm 99% sure it was Lacroix who enforced such a tight-lipped approach to the media. Now that he's gone, it makes sense that we'd be more open. Not just Roy either, Sakic has had a few candid interviews as well (well, at least more candid than his "quoteless Joe" style when he was a player). 

perhaps it's because he thinks some of this comes from kroenke too...is that speculation not allowed? 

BUkma9QCYAA6GXQ.jpg

love it

I just hear him screaming "USELESS!" and pointing at "insert any Av dman here"

This could be from a must-win game to keep playoff hopes alive.

joe-sacco-4_3.jpg

And this is a freaking preseason game.

BUkma9QCYAA6GXQ.jpg

Where is your proof it wasn't Kroenke? Until then, I'll speculate.

Who's Mr. Grumpy on Roy's left?

Would be cool to Photoshop Roy's face onto his (or vice-versa)

Who's Mr. Grumpy on Roy's left?

Would be cool to Photoshop Roy's face onto his (or vice-versa)

I believe that is Tim Army. Fitting last name for that mug.

Where is your proof it wasn't Kroenke? Until then, I'll speculate.

Well like I said, the gag order was around long before Kroenke purchased the team in 2001. So if it was him, he had incredible influence over a team he didn't even own at the time. If you ignore the evidence, then it's not speculation, it's baseless accusation. I'm not saying I like Kroenke as an owner, but not everything is his fault. If anything he's guilty of apathy rather than micromanagement like you're accusing him of. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0