AsmodeanReborn

Can't Log In? Here's How to [Hopefully] Fix It!

13 posts in this topic

From NHL.com:

Your Action is Required: Recent Upgrade to Our Online Security Requirements‏

The NHL has recently updated its online security requirements. We ask that you take a few minutes today to update the password associated with your NHL Account in order to comply with the new requirements.

After signing in with your existing credentials on NHL.com, you will be asked to reset your password. All new passwords must be at least eight (8) characters.

If you do not choose to create a new password now, the next time you attempt to access a service requiring an NHL Account you will be prompted to create your new password. If you are currently using your NHL Account through the NHL mobile app or connected devices like Apple TV and PS4, you should update your password prior to the 2016-17 NHL® season.

We thank you for your cooperation. This upgrade to our online systems will allow us to better serve you in the future.

Essentially, go to NHL.com and try to log in there. You'll be prompted for a new password with new requirements. Then come back here and try to log in and things should hopefully work.

I've noticed that if I log on NHL.com my password works. If I try logging on at the forums it does not work. Odd. But at least I have a working path. 

Yeah, it's still being wonky for me too.  I had to go through the forgot password process again on NHL.com in order to be able to sign on here.

Even with the new login system, I'm still getting automatically logged out after a few hours. Is the NHL ever going to figure out how to keep me logged in like every other website on the planet? That "remember me" check box is purely for show, right?

Even with the new login system, I'm still getting automatically logged out after a few hours. Is the NHL ever going to figure out how to keep me logged in like every other website on the planet? That "remember me" check box is purely for show, right?

Seems that way. I get logged out every 3-4 hours it seems, sometimes even more frequently.

It seems like accounts aren't all being affected at once.  I had been fine using my old password up until this morning, and then it quit working.  I got the email from NHL.com this morning as well and was able to create my new password.  So, for people who haven't been affected yet, it's probably just a matter of time.

I'm finding that I have to log into NHL.com first. Then my new login info works on this forum. Not sure how the NHL figures that's productive?

I'm finding that I have to log into NHL.com first. Then my new login info works on this forum. Not sure how the NHL figures that's productive?

More page views equals more ad revenue. But you should be able to log in here. Just pay attention, it now asks for your email address rather than your screen name. And of course you'll have to use your updated password that works on all NHL sites now.

After changing the password I cannot log in when I am on the start site of the message board... I already have to log in when I enter our homepage...

After changing the password I cannot log in when I am on the start site of the message board... I already have to log in when I enter our homepage...

I changed the password twice on NHL.com, and then it started working here. Yay?

Might work for you, though. Also, I do log in with my username just fine.