Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schnix

Hello from Germany

3 posts in this topic

I have been an Avs fan since the days of Uwe Krupp. After a short stop in Denver in 2011 (only two days with one game against CGY) I followed the Avs on their road trips to NY area (2014) and BOS/MTL/TOR (2015). For the upcoming homestand starting March 5th I will be in Denver for nine days. Beside hockey (and basketball, Nuggets have three home games as well), do you have any hints for me which places I should visit when I am in town?

On 2/22/2017 at 7:53 AM, Schnix said:

do you have any hints for me which places I should visit when I am in town?

It depends on what kinds of things you like, and how far you're willing to go.

Being from Germany, can I assume you like beer? Because Denver has a thriving craft brewery scene. You could pretty much find anything to suit your tastes (don't worry, nothing like Coors Light or other popular piss-water beers in the US). If you want to stay in the Denver Metro area, try out Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton. They're one of the biggest craft brewers so plenty of selection. Plus excellent food at their farmhouse restaurant, and good atmosphere too.

If you're willing to go further from Denver, then the highlight of Colorado is the high country. Early March is in the middle of ski season, so you probably shouldn't go on the weekend unless you want to spend half your day sitting in traffic. But if you can get up there mid-week it should be pretty good.