Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avaholic03

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

240 posts in this topic

Figured we needed a new thread this year. How many people watching the playoffs? Anyone see Jake Allen's 51-save performance last night? And a lot of those were high quality chances too. He stood on his head to get the Blues that important road win. I'd love to see the Wild beat in the 1st round.

I actually didn't know the playoffs started yesterday. I was kind of bummed when I found out because I was in bed and all the games were over.

That said, I did see some of the saves by Allen. There were some amazing saves, and some luck too. As long as the Wild lose, I'm happy.

I was disappointed to see Pitts win against CBJ. I'm kind of rooting for the Jackets this year. Tired of the same old teams year in year out. 

I didn't get a bracket made but here's my first round picks:

MTL - NYR   1-4

OTT - BOS   3-4

WSH - TOR  4-2

PIT - CBJ   3-4

CHI - NSH  4-1

MIN - STL  1-4

ANA - CGY  4-0

EDM - SJS  4-2

How about going in tone with this Avs season? Last year the season was crowned with Pittsburgh winning, so as this one was even worse it is about time for Minny! Go Wild! Kill the last bit of interest I have for this league! Woop Woop!

1 hour ago, biomag said:

How about going in tone with this Avs season? Last year the season was crowned with Pittsburgh winning, so as this one was even worse it is about time for Minny! Go Wild! Kill the last bit of interest I have for this league! Woop Woop!

THE-POWER-OF-3b43hs.jpg

5 road teams win Game 1's.  3 OT games.

Love it.

Also, Minnesota lost both games 1 and 2 at home now. I'd love to see then swept in round one. 

Calvert needs to be suspended even into next season. That's just crap. 

There just something that feels right about seeing those orange oilers jerseys in the playoffs. 

Cheering for St Louis and Yeo to beat the Wild is such a perfect symbol of the perversion this season has been...

Fantastic stuff from Calvert by the way... great moves!

I hate Pittsburgh as much as any self-respecting hockey fan. But that Calvert hit was beyond garbage. That intent to injure and blatant lack of respect for fellow players has no place in this game. He should be suspended well into next season for that.

It has no place in the game. No part of that hit adds to the game. 

Things could certainly change, but the sense right now is that Calvert may avoid a suspension. Perhaps get fined.

Pierre LeBrun 

Bruins-Sens this afternoon was a great game. Sens were down 3-1 in the third but tied it to win 4-3 in OT. 

Calvert gets 1 game suspension. I love hockey but man the NHL certainly tries time and again to lose my respect.

Minnesota down 3-0 now and could be swept. Guess they should have expected that when they hired the king of playoff failure as their coach. 

14 hours ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Minnesota down 3-0 now and could be swept. Guess they should have expected that when they hired the king of playoff failure as their coach. 

Yeah, I don't know why people keep giving Boudreau these cushy jobs. He rides these great teams to a solid winning% in the regular season, but when it comes to winning in the playoffs he always fails...and usually fails pretty hard. How many more times will he get hired before the NHL catches onto the fact that he's not a good coach? 

That Zach Werenski injury is made all the worse by the fact that Pittsburgh scored on the play where he got hit in the head with the puck. Should have been whistled dead...any shot to the head should be. But they allowed the play to continue for 10 seconds with him laying on the ice bleeding from a head wound. It's getting pretty hard to ignore the obvious bias the league (including the refs) have for the Penguins. But credit where credit's due, for Werenski to return to that game took some serious guts. I have a lot more respect for him now. 

Yeah, he came back out in the third but his eye swelled shut by the time OT started so he had to sit OT out. 

Anyone else really adore St. Louis right now?  Stupid Wild!  The fans here are all depressed and I have to admit I'm loving it just enough to feel all warm inside, but not enough to smite us for a future season or anything!

2 minutes ago, 31AVSFan said:

Anyone else really adore St. Louis right now?  Stupid Wild!  The fans here are all depressed and I have to admit I'm loving it just enough to feel all warm inside, but not enough to smite us for a future season or anything!

St. Louis and Nashville are making me so happy right now. Now if someone would just beat Pittsburgh, I'd call these playoffs a success. 

I despise the Wild, but Yeo was the architect that beat the Avs for 3 seasons with them... so no I don't adore St. Lousis that actually should have been our rivals if we haven't become the laughing stock of this league and got into a rivaly with that pathetic Minny franchise.

1 hour ago, biomag said:

I despise the Wild, but Yeo was the architect that beat the Avs for 3 seasons with them... so no I don't adore St. Lousis that actually should have been our rivals if we haven't become the laughing stock of this league and got into a rivaly with that pathetic Minny franchise.

Is it a Rivalry if we're this bad?  And as much as we "hate" them and want them to lose, they're in the playoffs,  we were out of it in October... 

Really wishing the Rangers would pull their head out.  they'd doing their best Avs impression just coasting for 56 minutes

1 hour ago, grizzlygoalie said:

Is it a Rivalry if we're this bad?  And as much as we "hate" them and want them to lose, they're in the playoffs,  we were out of it in October... 

Definitely no longer... But it started 'long' ago and got its highlight in the playoffs after our young core got there... and actually our downfall began with Cooke's dirty hit on Barrie... That injury was when we suddenly started losing and never recovered and kept getting worse... up to the point where we are now - a point where there is too little emotion left for any kind of rivalry...