Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avaholic03

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

240 posts in this topic

Good riddance to one of the worst hockey seasons ever.

Bring on 2017/18

It's a good day to not turn on the news. Nothing else matters in Nova Scotia today because we should all be Pens fans because of Sid. 🙄

Gag me. 

As bad of a whistle that was on the Preds no goal, can't really say the refs cost them that game. Seems the refs really tried to help the Preds after that. 4 PPs after that including a 5 on 3 and none of the infractions were that serious. If you can't score on a 5 on 3, you really don't deserve to win.

Murray also now has 2 Cups as a rookie. That is a pretty awesome accomplishment. Scary thing is Pens are bringing back almost the exact same team next season along with Letang and the others who were injured. Wonder if they can get 3 in a row. Lets hope not.

9 hours ago, DJ_Sonne said:

Bettman wins - hockey loses

7 hours ago, 1bauhaus1 said:

Good riddance to one of the worst hockey seasons ever.

Bring on 2017/18

6 hours ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Sickening

Vomit inducing

Empty

Yep, I don't have anything more to add so I'll just quote all this for emphasis. What a profoundly disappointing year in hockey (except for DU winning the NCAA championship).

https://sports.yahoo.com/nbc-bribing-predators-fans-get-rid-anti-mike-milbury-signs-001454063.html

How do you try and get rid of people's signs by offering them a hat with your logo on it? This is like offering Trump protestors MAGA hats in exchange for them to stop protesting.

The fans there really let Milbury have it. I don't know if anyone caught the postgame last night with the guy yelling obscenities at him on air but I found it hilarious.

5 minutes ago, hockeyavs23 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nbc-bribing-predators-fans-get-rid-anti-mike-milbury-signs-001454063.html

How do you try and get rid of people's signs by offering them a hat with your logo on it? This is like offering Trump protestors MAGA hats in exchange for them to stop protesting.

The fans there really let Milbury have it. I don't know if anyone caught the postgame last night with the guy yelling obscenities at him on air but I found it hilarious.

I'm sorry I missed that. Pretty much the entire NBC "A team" is garbage. I like when they have Jones or Roenick on to balance out Milbury, but ultimately he gets the last word and it's pretty much always stupid. If I must watch an NBC broadcast, it's pretty much always on "mute". 

5 minutes ago, Avaholic03 said:

I'm sorry I missed that. Pretty much the entire NBC "A team" is garbage. I like when they have Jones or Roenick on to balance out Milbury, but ultimately he gets the last word and it's pretty much always stupid. If I must watch an NBC broadcast, it's pretty much always on "mute". 

Definitely NSFW language but it's pretty great. I wanna shake the guys hand and buy him a beer.

Crosby winning the Conn Smythe is a total farce too. Just shows the NHL is a terribly managed league. 

24 minutes ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Crosby winning the Conn Smythe is a total farce too. Just shows the NHL is a terribly managed league. 

I honestly didn't know who to give it to. None of the Penguins players were MVP worthy for the entire playoffs except the goaltenders but neither of them played the entire playoffs.

14 minutes ago, hockeyavs23 said:

I honestly didn't know who to give it to. None of the Penguins players were MVP worthy for the entire playoffs except the goaltenders but neither of them played the entire playoffs.

Probably Guentzel is the most deserving. 13 goals in the playoffs (Malkin the next best with 10), and he set a rookie record for GWG (5). When they needed a big goal, he was the man. A lot of Crosby's points were secondary assists, and sometimes that's dubious about how important that assist even was. He was given the Conn Smythe because long ago the NHL anointed him the savior of the league and they have to keep up that narrative until McDavid is ready to take over. As long as Lucic isn't still playing in Edmonton when they get good, they'll be more tolerable than Pittsburgh.

6 minutes ago, Avaholic03 said:

Probably Guentzel is the most deserving. 13 goals in the playoffs (Malkin the next best with 10), and he set a rookie record for GWG (5). When they needed a big goal, he was the man. A lot of Crosby's points were secondary assists, and sometimes that's dubious about how important that assist even was. He was given the Conn Smythe because long ago the NHL anointed him the savior of the league and they have to keep up that narrative until McDavid is ready to take over. As long as Lucic isn't still playing in Edmonton when they get good, they'll be more tolerable than Pittsburgh.

Exactly.  Guentzel would have been my first choice.  He was incredible, especially for a rookie!

I will never deny Crosby's talent and abilities.  But I'm not going to bow down for him either.

4 hours ago, Avaholic03 said:

Yep, I don't have anything more to add so I'll just quote all this for emphasis. What a profoundly disappointing year in hockey (except for DU winning the NCAA championship).

Yep, couldn't agree more with everyone.  Disheartening.

(And Colorado Eagles winning the Kelly Cup)

15 minutes ago, 13Hinote said:

Yep, couldn't agree more with everyone.  Disheartening.

(And Colorado Eagles winning the Kelly Cup)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I never got into the Eagles. I should have when I used to go to school in Ft. Collins, but I was probably too busy to attend games anyway. I guess the state of Colorado has actually had a good hockey year if you ignore the NHL (even Air Force had a good season going 27-10-5). 

I'll probably be splitting some season tickets to DU next year. I was glad to see Montgomery took his name out of the running for the job in Florida so he could stay with the Pioneers. He's a great coach, and has a lot of good players returning next year.