Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avaholic03

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

70 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Avaholic03 said:

But you gotta love Nashville right now. Not just an upset, but a convincing sweep of Chicago. My favorite stat of the night: through 4 playoff games, Tom Wilson has as many goals as the entire Chicago roster. Pekka Rinne is playing some phenomenal hockey right now. And I was really impressed with Viktor Arvidsson. That dude has some serious hockey courage. He's one of the more underrated players in the league IMO. 30-goal scorer this year, and continues to be effective in the playoffs despite his obvious lack of size. 

Unfortunately it just makes the Wild fans more annoying. They knew they couldn't beat Chicago so with them out, they're going all the way. It's the crazy MN Nice Optimism. It's sugary sweet. But yes, for my own, I'm so proud of Nashville. 

And guess who, Mr playoffs himself Justin Williams with the OT winner for the caps. 

What a playoff season so far. Chicago swept, Minnesota eliminated in 5, Detroit golfing with us. 

At this point, I'm on the Nashville train. Love Minny getting eliminated. I'd like to see someone take out Pitts. 

Gotta say I'm kind of sad to see the Leafs eliminated last night.  Game 7 would have been fun to watch.

1 hour ago, AvsJen said:

Gotta say I'm kind of sad to see the Leafs eliminated last night.  Game 7 would have been fun to watch.

That series never should have gone that long in the first place. But I am sad that none of the series went to game 7. There were a few that I was pretty sure would go the distance, but I guess I was wrong. 

Round 2 should be interesting. Another Caps-Pens playoff matchup. Ottawa-Rangers is pretty hard to call since I didn't even give the Sens enough credit to beat Boston. I'd love to see Edmonton beat Anaheim, but whoever wins the Blues-Preds series has my vote to win the West. 

Sens have the feel-good Cinderella story thing going with Clarke MacArthur and Craig Anderson. 

Great start to the 2nd round. Both games were exciting. Comebacks, late 3rd period goals. Let's hope Kevin Fiala is okay, that was a nasty looking injury. 

12 minutes ago, Avaholic03 said:

Great start to the 2nd round. Both games were exciting. Comebacks, late 3rd period goals. Let's hope Kevin Fiala is okay, that was a nasty looking injury. 

Looked like a broken femur

18 minutes ago, DJ_Sonne said:

Looked like a broken femur

Yeah, the way they immobilized his leg it was definitely something like that. Luckily not a head/neck injury since those are the most scary going into the boards. But he's probably out for these playoffs at least, and that sucks. He had a couple key goals in that Chicago series and seemed to be thriving in the playoffs. 

Booo!! comcast had an outage from 2 minutes into the Rangers game until atleast 9pm in my town last night so i missed all of the rangers game and whatever one was after.  watching after the fact just doesn't make it fun...

Edmonton just finished taking both games from the Ducks in Anaheim. Cam Talbot pretty much singlehandedly winning this series. 

10 hours ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Edmonton just finished taking both games from the Ducks in Anaheim. Cam Talbot pretty much singlehandedly winning this series. 

Yeah, Talbot was a heck of an addition for Edmonton.

5 minutes ago, 13Hinote said:

Yeah, Talbot was a heck of an addition for Edmonton.

We'll see how long he can keep this going. They played him a lot without a great backup option this season. Not sure how long he can fight off fatigue, especially facing 40 shots and lots of pressure.