Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AvsJen

2017 IIHF World Championship

28 posts in this topic

I love this tournament so much every year.

Mack, Barrie, and Pickard are looking sooooo good for Canada.  I'm glad to see it.

Yeah Duchene's been pretty quiet so far.

Landeskog is there for Sweden.

5 hours ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

Barrie is going to miss the rest of the tournament with a lower body injury. 

Greeeeeat..... 

Bah

13 minutes ago, PhoenixAvsFan said:

So ummmmmmm, now I have a few questions, Tyson.

Report: Barrie suffered leg injury wrestling in hotel room
https://www.thescore.com/news/1298826
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Reminds me of when EJ hurt himself screwing around on the golf course and missed a whole season early in his career. Maybe the problem isn't that we lack the talent to win...maybe our guys are just too dumb. 

1 hour ago, Avaholic03 said:

Reminds me of when EJ hurt himself screwing around on the golf course and missed a whole season early in his career. Maybe the problem isn't that we lack the talent to win...maybe our guys are just too dumb. 

Agreed.  Wrestling with your team-mate in the hotel room sounds a bit immature, something that would be acceptable if you're a young teenager on a road trip.  Barrie lacks discipline, and it's probably very similar to a young Johnson getting injured hot-rodding a golf cart.

5 hours ago, 13Hinote said:

Agreed.  Wrestling with your team-mate in the hotel room sounds a bit immature, something that would be acceptable if you're a young teenager on a road trip.  Barrie lacks discipline, and it's probably very similar to a young Johnson getting injured hot-rodding a golf cart.

Wrestling in a hotel room isn't as immature as hot-rodding a golf cart in my opinion.  They were likely just having fun, drinking some adult beverages, and horsing around like guys can.  Barrie's likely been in a good mood considering how well he is...or was...playing after such a craptastic season.

I bet the teammate was Mack.

No dumber than Sakic sticking his hand in a snowblower really... :P

1 minute ago, AvsJen said:

No dumber than Sakic sticking his hand in a snowblower really... :P

Yep, that's our GM.

So Barrie's hurt, Duchene is pretty invisble and has yet to get a point, and Picks played well today but did let in a bad goal. The Avs are cursing Canada ?

1 hour ago, AvsJen said:

So Barrie's hurt, Duchene is pretty invisble and has yet to get a point, and Picks played well today but did let in a bad goal. The Avs are cursing Canada ?

Picks had a nice GAA and SV before this game?

9 hours ago, DJ_Sonne said:

You really have to feel for Italy. They are just over-matched in every way. In 7 games they've scored just 6 goals and allowed 32. As if they needed anything else to be embarrassed about. On the plus side, it's not as if that own-goal changed the outcome of the game or anything. And unlike Slovakia and Slovenia (who are also winless), it's not like anyone expected Italy to do much. The fact that they even made the tournament is pretty good for them. 

Feel bad for the guy,  but hanging close with the Danes is pretty good for the hockey power house(sarcasm) that Italy is. 

I have to be honest the lower levels of the national teams actually impress me that they're getting better.  the top level - Canada, USA Russia/Sweeden all have pretty much platued with the professionals joining.  but the mid to lower levels continue to improve at a pretty rapid rate - hell even the South Koreans are getting there, and has anyone watched the D3 worlds? South Africa and Quater? pretty cool to see the game in those places

Speaking of weird goals: I once was credited with a goal after losing a faceoff cleanly. Never touched the ball (floorball) but they scored in their own net.

And since none from my team had touched it, it was the person taking the faceoff who scored.

Rantanen scored a huge goal that helped Finland pull off the upset against the US to knock them out in the quarterfinals. 

Good for him. Keep that scoring momentum going. We are going to need all the help we can get next season.

It pains me to bring it up, but ROR has been a beast for Canada. An absolute monster. 

Duchene's play is worrisome. He has one goal in the whole tournament.  One single goal. 

Picks looks fantastic. He's let in a couple shakey goals but overall he's been outstanding. 

39 minutes ago, AvsJen said:

It pains me to bring it up, but ROR has been a beast for Canada. An absolute monster. 

Duchene's play is worrisome. He has one goal in the whole tournament.  One single goal. 

Picks looks fantastic. He's let in a couple shakey goals but overall he's been outstanding. 

Totally agree on Duchene. Barely heard mention of his name in coverage. Completely invisible. At least MacKinnon is pulling his weight. 

1 hour ago, AvsJen said:

On one hand that's nice, on the other hand I don't like that he's making himself noticed before the stupid expansion draft :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0