2 posts in this topic

When will the Avs players begin to talk about their defensive responsibilities... the quotes I continue to see talk about offense and playing well and continuing and being rewarded.  I don't see any defensive comments from the players, which is where we are losing the games.

1 hour ago, blumac18 said:

When will the Avs players begin to talk about their defensive responsibilities... the quotes I continue to see talk about offense and playing well and continuing and being rewarded.  I don't see any defensive comments from the players, which is where we are losing the games.

But we really aren't. We are one of the top teams in the league during this skid (December 1st to now) in fewest corsi against, fenwick against, shots against, and high danger scoring chances against. I really don't know what more our defense can do. Yes they are going to make mistakes but every team is going to do that. We are going to face good teams that will pressure out defense but that happens with all teams. This is why teams hire goalies and in my opinion, that's the main reason why we are losing right now. They are both in the bottom minority in goals against and save % since Dec 1st. They are both averaging 3.5 goals against or worse and sub .900 save %. That means in order to win, our offense has to score 4 or more goals every night just to have a chance at winning. We lost last night because we could only score 3 goals. 3 goals should win you most nights.

When's the last time we won a game 1-0 or 2-1? Our goalies aren't giving us a chance to win. Our defense truly isn't the first concern at the moment. Now if you want to talk special teams, I can absolutely get on board with that. They have both been lacking this season.

Anyways, welcome to the boards Blumac. Hope to hear more from you.